- The RAFL was founded in 2006 with its first season starting in 2007
- The league was created do to unstable league conditions on the East Coast
- The RAFL is governed by the President, Commissioner, Board Members and the league senate
- The league runs under a democratic system where all rule changes and new members are voted on
- The league leverages buying power on vendors to receive discounts on all items
- The RAFL is a Minor League Football league which plays Adult Amateur Football
- Players do not get paid therefore they still retain college eligibility
- The RAFL plays under the NFL rules
- In 2007 the Prince William Monarchs became the first RAFL champions by defeating the New York Predators. Both teams went undefeated during the regular season. The PW Monarchs also were ranked #1 nationally and the Predators #13. The Monarchs went on to defeat the Preds again ion the Metrobowl championship and then defeated the Brooklyn Mariners in the national championship game. The Monarchs were named the #1 team in the NFE Rankings.
- In 2008 the defending Prince William Monarchs were defeated by the new RAFL chamipons the Brooklyn Mariners 20 - 0 at Memorial Stadium in PA. Both teams had a hard fought road to the championship game as the Monarchs had to play the tough Warriors and Nemesis and the Mariners went on the road to defeat the 8 -1-1 NE Knights, the 9 - 2 Wolves and 12 - 0 Predators. The Mariners went on to lose in the Harvest bowl but the PW Monarchs ended up in the National Championship game after succesfully defending their Metrobowl crown . The Monarchs lost the National Championship game to the Albany Metromallers
- In 2009 the New Jersey Buccaneers won the RAFL championship over the Virginia Kings 52-30. The Bucc's then went on to win the Metrobowl title and the national championship. On their way to the championships the Bucc's defeated the Demon Knights, NY Predators, Brooklyn Mariners, NY Bandits, NY Rebels and finally the Lowell Nor'easter for the National chip. In three seasons an RAFL member team has played in the national championship game.
- In 2010 the New York Predators defeated the Virginia Vipers 10 - 7 final thirty seconds in RAFL championship game. The Predators went on to win the Metrobowl championship and then defeated the defending 2009 champion New Jersey Buccaneers in the National Championship game. The Buc's won the Harvest Bowl tournament to help create the first time two teams from won league faced off in the National Championship game..
In 2011 the Electric City Chargers defeated the New York Predators 18 - 16. The Chargers took over the lead with around two minutes remaining in the closest championship game ever played in the RAFL. The two teams faced off again in the Metro-Bowl championship game where the Predators defeated the Chargers by a point for the right to go down to the National Championship game where the Predators were defeated by the Inglewood Blackhawks of California by three points.